Archive for May, 2007

 When I first heard of the concept of Political Correctness as a child, I was perplexed. I was told at the time however “when you’re an adult you’ll understand”. At the age of 26, I now understand that it is leading my Country into a living Hell, but I still do not understand why.

To simply fight against 2 tiered justice and terrorism is not enough for me. I want to learn how and why this is happening in what is supposed to be one of the most civilized Countries in the world. Let’s have a look at what Political Correctness is and how it has brought us here.

“Political Correctness is a term used to describe language or behavior which is intended, or said to be intended, to provide a minimum of offense, particularly to racial, cultural, or other identity groups. A text that conforms to the ideals of political correctness is said to be politically correct. The often quoted earliest cited usage of the term (in the form “not politically correct”) comes from the U.S. Supreme Court decision Chisholm v. Georgia (1793), where it clearly means that the statement it refers to is not literally correct, owing to the political status of the United States as it was understood at that time.”  Thank you Wilkipedia for the definition.

So now we have established that Political Correctness is by definition NOT correct. It’s a slanted version of the truth designed to avoid offending anyone, and particularly to pander to minorities. Now let’s see how it brought us to where we are today as it relates to Natives. (more…)

Advertisements

15 Months of illegal occupation, destruction of power station, assaults on residents & media, blockades of railway lines, digging up highway, nightly intimidation of residents and the attempted murder of an OPP officer gets Six Nations $125 Million.

This is Law & Order Harper Style

All our Politicians talk about the “Rule of Law” and that no group is above the Law while OPP stand around watching crimes, and Governments spend Tens of Millions to pay off criminals who threaten a Nation Wide Terrorist Attack on June 29th.

Future Towns will be able to Thank Harper for Encouraging more Terrorism in Canada

The Federal Government has repeatedly told Canadians that Six Nations has no Legal Claim in Caledonia:

So Why Reward Criminal Behaviour with $125 Million?

This is a Conservative Party that Pays Criminals and Terrorists while telling Canadians that such actions are unacceptable.

Resident Victims to Receive $400,000 while Criminal Behaviour is rewarded with $125,000,000.

Why Should Any Canadian Obey the Law?

Story about $125 Million was posted here yesterday. MSM is a day late – Get your news here if you want it fast and reliable.

Canada Needs Leadership

The upside down Canadian Flag in above photo was added as a symbol of a Country in Distress.

Courtesy of www.caledoniawakeupcall.com The #1 Source of land claim Terrorism information on the planet

Email from Toby Barrett: MPP

Is there a cover-up of AK-47 incident near school grounds?

“Dalton McGuinty went to court to legalize the land occupation at Caledonia and now school safety is in jeopardy”

Local MPP Toby Barrett explained to the Ontario Legislature that an AK-47 assault rifle was spotted near Notre Dame school in Caledonia, before being used in an attempted murder just minutes south of town.

The incident began with an exchange at the land reclamation site near the Thistlemoor St. entrance Thursday afternoon during which VanEvery threatened another man in his late twenties with an AK-47 rifle,” Barrett quoted from the Turtle Island News. “The Thistlemoor barricade is right beside Notre Dame School,” Barrett explained.

“The Tekawennake also indicates the AK-47 was previously seen near the school,” Barrett continued. “I quote – ‘the shooter did somehow manage to bring the weapon onto the site undetected by site security who were busy dealing with another incident at the time’.”

“An AK-47 assault rifle right beside an elementary school in Caledonia,” Barrett said before being cut off by the speaker. “Will Dalton McGuinty deal with this, or cover it up?

“An eight foot wooden fence won’t stop a stray bullet,” Barrett went on to say outside the legislature. “This issue can’t be covered up any longer.”

Courtesy of www.caledoniawakeupcall.com

Email from Toby Barrett, MPP

Queen’s Park – In an open letter to Ontario’s Health Promotion Minister Jim Watson, the Ontario Convenience Stores Association (OCSA) accuses the Minister of turning a “blind eye to an ever growing illegal tobacco (contraband) problem.”

“Perhaps now that I’m being joined by OCSA, retailers and health groups, the McGuinty government will come up with a plan to crack down on the illegal trade,” Barrett said. “I’ve been accused of playing politics with this issue – the numbers prove the case.”

“Today the Minister told the Ontario Legislature that tobacco use has dropped 18 per cent,” said MPP Toby Barrett. “He knows that when you factor in the out of control illicit tobacco market, tobacco use has dropped a mere 2 per cent.”

According to Bryans, research conducted recently points to almost one quarter of all tobacco sold in the province as being illegal. This illegal tobacco is primarily trafficked and sold by organized crime and the profit is often used to fund street drugs and buy weapons.

Read the full story here

Federal negotiators are poised to make a $125-million cash offer to settle the Caledonia land dispute with the Six Nations people, Osprey News has learned.

But a Six Nations negotiator dismissed the offer, noting aboriginals have said from the start of talks with the federal and provincial governments that they were only interested in land.

“The only positive thing about it is it was an offer,” said Mohawk Chief Allen MacNaughton. “It being an initial offer, we realize initial offers are never accepted anyway. I guess it’s a starting point to talk about things and I guess the only positive is it’s obviously a recognition they owe us something.”

Ottawa has attached three principle conditions to the offer….

Read the full story here

Ottawa has offered $125 million to the Six Nations to settle four land claims in exchange for an end to the longstanding Caledonia dispute.”We feel this is a very significant offer” with a variety of conditions, chief federal negotiator Ron Doering said last night.

One condition is that there will be no final settlement until protesters move off the former housing development site in Caledonia, he said.

He also said Six Nations representatives must demonstrate a “strong consensus” in the community in support of the agreement, signalling no further occupations.

“The province made it clear they are impressed with Ottawa’s leadership in this offer,” he said. “We believe it demonstrates that Canada continues to do all it can to get a resolution of all of these claims.”

Last night, a Six Nations negotiator dismissed the offer and said natives have made it clear from the start of talks they only wanted land.

Read the full story here

Ottawa is offering Six Nations $125 million to settle three land claims in exchange for ending the 15-month occupation of a former housing development in Caledonia.

The offer was presented to Six Nations representatives yesterday and was conveyed to Haldimand County Mayor Marie Trainer last night by federal negotiator and former Mulroney cabinet minister Barbara McDougall.

The mayor also said Six Nations would be permitted to keep the former Burtch Correctional facility in Brant County, near Mount Pleasant. In exchange, Ottawa wants natives who took over the Douglas Creek Estates 15 months ago to leave and it also wants assurances there will be no more occupations.

While the mayor was hopeful, some natives at the table have consistently said in recent months they are only interested in the land and not a cash settlement.

Read the full story here

Haldimand Mayor Marie Trainer speaks with CHML Radio about Hagersville, Caledonia, DCE, and our Government negotiating with Criminals, & David Ramsey’s threat to walk away from the negotiating table if the Terrorist occupations continue, and the summer of Terrorism ahead of us. Kudo’s to Mayor Tranier! ” They need to stop dealing with criminals ” Excellent interview

Much more at www.caledoniawakeupcall.com

A real estate investment firm’s conviction it has clear title to the Dunnville Wal-Mart property is being disputed by members of Six Nations.“We have clear title to the land so there is no issue from our point of view,” said Scott Dutchak of Calloway REIT. The company’s ownership is registered at the land registry office, he said.

At a May 23 community meeting in Ohsweken, Cayuga sub-chief Leroy Hill said the Six Nations Confederacy sent a letter to Wal-Mart. He said Calloway REIT will look at environmental concerns and told the Confederacy they will do what they want with the property.

At the Six Nations community meeting, Ruby Montour wondered if Wal-Mart construction will continue and if lands around it will be given to Six Nations. “We don’t have to let them build there,” she said.“Telling them is not working. Action does,” said Montour who asked if people wanted to accompany her to the construction site.

Read the full story here

Thousands of acres in Moulton Township were the focus of interest for Six Nations Confederacy chiefs and community members at a May 23 public meeting in Ohsweken.

The block is one of six areas that Joseph Brant leased in the late 1700s to raise ongoing revenue for Six Nations. After two mortgagees failed to make payments, Six Nations chiefs asked the government of Upper Canada to return the land. It was not reverted.

On May 31, Canadian negotiators are expected to table offers on Moulton, the 25-acre Port Maitland claim and the Indian agent Samuel Jarvis claim which is about his misappropriation of Six Nations funds. The Burtch tract in Brant County and lands flooded for the Welland Canal may also be the subject of an offer this week.The negotiating table is also looking at the 250,000 acre Nichol Block at the northern tip of the Haldimand Tract. Canada will never have enough money to pay back Six Nations, said Monture.

Monture said the reclamation of land in Caledonia has put pressure on the government to take a more serious look at Six Nations claims. “Stay on DCE until all our land issues are resolved. “Remind the government we own the river,” said Cheyenne Williams. “If we take the bridges, closing off the reserve means nothing to us.

Read the full story here

Proof today that crime does pay.

 It is now being reported from the side tables on DCE that the Federal Government is offering $125 million to Six Nations.

This covers only 2 claims of the 26 claims Six Nations has filed. This payment covers Moulton Township, Welland Canal, and Burtch Tract lands, as well as compensation for the failed Grand River Navigation Company.

Stay tuned to www.caledoniawakeupcall.com for the latest on this breaking story

This is the message being loudly and clearly sent to anyone considering any sort of Development these days. When it was DCE, the excuse was a 200 year old land claim which supposedly puts the ownership of anything within 6 Miles of the Grand River in the hands of Natives. The claim has long been proven to be untrue by Ottawa (as it relates to DCE at least) but the land remains occupied 15 months later with no end in sight, and the OPP playing bodyguard to the Terrorists at our expense.  

A recent attempt by a developer to pave a nearby Church parking lot and improve the drainage system was met with a group of masked Terrorists storming the site, demanding the job be halted, and then refusing to allow the construction crew to leave with their equipment. 

Last week, construction was set to begin on a retirement home in nearby Hagersville, when masked Terrorists showed up, and refused to leave unless the developer agreed to abandon the project. As always the OPP stood and watched. In fact this time they even assisted the criminals in building an illegal barricade at the entrance. The site in Hagersville is not within 6 miles of the Grand River, so the same excuse couldn’t be used.

This time we were told by the Terrorists who apparently now dictate the terms of any new development anywhere they want to claim as their own, that they have (more…)

Tomorrow, the Ipperwash Inquiry will release its report on the death of Dudley George in Ipperwash back in September 1995. Here are 12 suggested questions for journalists who want to know what really happened in Ipperwash. They will explain why the Ipperwash Inquiry can never provide an credible recommendations with respect to preventing future land claim violence against innocent residents: 

  1. Out of 139 witnesses who testified at the Ipperwash Inquiry, why was not a single one of them a full time resident?
  2. Why did the Inquiry, which took 3 years to complete, give the residents at total of only 90 minutes to speak to the Commissioner, and why did the Inquiry feel the need to sanitize the minutes of that meeting?

Read the full story here  Much more at www.voiceofcanada.ca

It looks like we may be in for more land claims soon. 

 According to recent news articles in the May 23, 2007 issue of Turtle Island News, Toronto City Councilor Glenn DeBaeremacker wants the City to spend $17.2 million dollars for a 7 hectare piece of land in the Rouge River/Morningside Creek area. The site is just north of Finch Avenue East and east of Staines Road , and sits on the banks of the Rouge River. 

The land could be used to develop a community center, but there’s no money slated for that. The land may also contain a 700 hundred year old Iroquois village, but there’s been no survey or archeological dig to suggest that.

what are the chances that if any development is started on this land it won’t become the site of yet another land claim, and possibly occupation by a native group?

And if you’re wondering what province could be next after Ontario, well in Quebec, at the Mirable Airport site, there may be potential land claims and even occupations as well.

It appears that information released under the Access to Information indicate the government has been concerned about rail and road blockades for months now…

Read the full story here

Turtle Island News reported on May 23, 2007, that the Federal Government of Canada would be making an announcement, regarding an offer to Six Nations. This announcement was expected on May 30, 2007.  The offer is to settle two outstanding land claims and would involve cash, but not necessarily land.

Is the timing of the offer and the statement that more progress needs to be made by the end of June just a coincidence? Remember that some natives are calling for a Canada wide blockade of rail lines and roads on June 29, 2007.

Is the offer of cash, and not necessarily any land, the amount of cash which is unknown at this time, meant to appease the natives in the hopes that perhaps they will not go ahead with the June 29th plan to block rail and road traffic across Canada?

Read the full story here and decide for yourself