Sue Lawbreakers – Tory urges

Posted: May 6, 2007 in Caledonia, DCE, Deseronto, Headlines, McGuinty, Natives

Environmentalists, union members, First Nations protesters or anyone who engages in illegal blockades and occupations should be taken to court and sued to recover the costs of their actions, Ontario Opposition Leader John Tory said today. 

Tory said organizers should be forced to bear the costs of protests like the lengthy Six Nations occupation in Caledonia, last month’s rail blockade by Bay of Quinte Mohawks in Deseronto or Thursday’s occupation of a Hamilton factory by frustrated workers.

If the Conservatives win the Oct. 10 provincial election, Tory said he would “aggressively pursue civil remedies” against people who lead protests that cross the line between free speech and disregard for public safety and the rule of law.

Read the full story here

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s