By Gary McHale – www.CaledoniaWakeupCall.com
A year ago we released the Liberal Plan for resolving Caledonia. It was clear that McGuinty was using the Alliance to influence the residents as McGuinty made secret deals with the Native Protesters during the low media period of August.
One of the problems McGuinty has had is the fact that Mayor Trainer speaks out – the only Haldimand Council member who does. McGuinty needed to have Mayor Trainer silenced and therefore the best way was to have her lose last Fall’s election.
The Alliance, being lead by Ken Hewitt, was to help ensure Mayor Trainer didn’t win the election. The Alliance backed Lorraine Bergstrand to be the Mayor in the election. [Link to Leaked Liberal Plan]
Lorraine Bergstrand phoned me and told me she had no connections with the Ontario Liberal Party and she was not working with the Alliance to remove the Mayor. Here are some points to remember:
1) Prior to my posting of the Liberal Plan, McGuinty was proud that he, unlike Harris or the Federal Government, was handling Caledonia quite well and would have a quick resolution.
2) After posting the Liberal Plan, McGuinty suddenly started saying that Caledonia was a Federal problem.
3) Ken Hewitt who claimed to have no connections with the Liberals ran for nomination for the Federal Liberals.
4) Lorraine Bergstrand, who claimed to have no connections with the Liberals, will be running against Toby Barrett in this Fall’s election. Which party is she running for… the McGuinty Liberals.
The Alliance Failed to fulfill McGuinty’s desire to replace Mayor Trainer.
After last year’s election, McGuinty needed another way to silence the Mayor and to regain control of Haldimand Council. In steps Fantino – the bully of residents and of the Council. Fantino was hand picked to ensure that by the time the provincial elections were to take place no residents nor the Mayor would be able to speak out against McGuinty.
This is why Fantino spent the months of Dec-March going on TV, Radio and doing newspaper interviews to slander residents and anyone who spoke out. If what Fantino was doing was okay for an OPP Commissioner then why has he been so quiet since April 7 after being exposed to the media for bullying the council?
Fantino threatened [Email] the elected council members. [FantinoGate] The Canadian Taxpayers Federation called for Fantino to be fired. [Link] Peter Kormos, NDP MPP, stated it was an attack against democracy and Fantino should be removed. [Radio Link] Any council member who spoke up was threatened with lawsuits.
McGuinty’s Control of Haldimand Council
What bugs McGuinty the most is that he cannot control Mayor Trainer. Fantino effectively has silenced Councilor Grice who is too spineless to stand up to Fantino’s threats. It was the council, including Grice, who voted against including McGuinty in the County’s Press Release a few weeks ago about who to blame for the on-going occupation.
Regardless of the following facts, Grice and the council put all the blame on the Harper Government.
1) Harper Government has claimed since day one that the DCE is not a legal claim in Caledonia
2) McGuinty went to court to fight against the injunction to remove the Natives.
3) McGuinty bought DCE and then went to court to overturn the criminal charges against Native Protesters.
4) McGuinty publicly stated the Native Protesters could LIVE on DCE.
5) McGuinty paid for the Hydro & Water so Native Protesters could LIVE for free on DCE.
6) McGuinty made it illegal for any non-Native to enter DCE without the wishes of the Native Protesters. – Trespassing charges would be laid.
7) McGuinty repeatedly claimed he was looking after DCE and was doing a better job than Harris did in Ipperwash.
8 McGuinty appointed Commissioner Fantino.
9) McGuinty is happy with Fantino’s approach in Caledonia. But according to council McGuinty shares no blame for the on-going problems in Caledonia – only Harper does.
The Mayor is the sole source of problems for McGuinty.
Mayor Trainer is the only one willing to speak up and the only one willing to tell the truth about what is happening – when was the last time Councilor Grice informed the public about what was happening?
Therefore, McGuinty needs to control the means of communications that Mayor Trainer has.
In a modern world that means email. It should not surprise people that council suddenly wants to have access to all Email to/from Mayor Trainer one month before the Provincial Election campaign goes into full gear.
If they achieve this, what will be next, opening up paper mail before the Mayor gets it? Tapping her phone conversations?
The Mayor is the only person exposing how the Council is kissing McGuinty’s ass and they don’t like it. Fantino silenced Grice and now Council wants to ensure control over the Mayor’s voice – this is a direct attack on Democracy itself.
It is now up to the People to decide whether Democracy is Important.