Archive for the ‘Sam & Joe Gualtieri’ Category

Sept 17, 2008

It’s been only 7 days since Gary McHale became a certified Independent candidate in Haldimand Norfolk, but Diane Finley has already made it clear she sees him as a major threat to her ambitions of being re-elected.

After Haldimand Mayor Marie Trainer told the Simcoe Reformer that “McHale’s candidacy guarantees that the rest of the field would have to talk about Haldimand’s ongoing problems related to native land claims”, Finley confronted her in what I as a voter would interpret as an effort to silence one of very few legitimately objective voices.

It’s understandable that Finley was riled by the mayor’s comment however as she likely realized at that point that McHale will force her to answer for her complete failure as an MP to the people of Haldimand Norfolk. Indeed if I were Diane Finley I too would be terrified of Gary McHale as his platform of accountability will make her policy of lying to the people and then hiding from them quite difficult to maintain during an election.

(more…)

Advertisements

CALEDONIA — If Sam Gualtieri had died when he was attacked by a pack of goons last year, would Premier Dalton McGuinty have come down for his funeral?

That was the main question people here asked yesterday.

If he ever decides to check out one of the province’s most embarrassing messes, the first place he ought to stop is the home of Gualtieri, a 53-year-old former homebuilder who believes he was one blow away from being murdered.

Instead, after being viciously attacked by native protesters who were squatting in a home he owned, he spent a week in intensive care with numerous broken bones and severe brain trauma.

“He has been through so much,” wife Sandy said. “We are just glad we have him.”

This May he will walk his daughter Michelle down the aisle for her wedding. He was attacked in a home, in a neighbouring development to the occupied Douglas Creek estates, he was building for her. “I just went there to check it out and was jumped when I walked in the door,” he said.

Read the full story here

Much more on the Human Cost of Illegal Occupations here

Updated October 11, 2007 – As we all know by now, the worst Premier in Ontario history has been elected to a second reign of horror. This is not good news for Caledonia or anyone who cares about law and order in Ontario, but it’s not the end of the battle. The things worth having in this life are not only worth fighting for but usually require fighting for and that is what we will continue to do. 

October 10, 2007

Today is the single biggest chance we have to change the landscape of what’s happening in Caledonia, and all you have to do to make a difference is take a few minutes to put a check mark in a box.

For anyone considering not voting today I ask you the following:

How would you feel if your vote could have been the one that knocks McGuinty out of power but you didn’t bother to do it? Remember the election that saw Bush elected was decided by a handful of votes.

Is the suffering of the children of the Sixth Line not worth taking a few minutes to vote against? Remember some of those who need McGuinty defeated the most are too young to vote, but you can cast yours on their behalf.

If you’re not sure that John Tory will keep his word and end the lawlessness, ask yourself what will Dalton McGuinty do if re elected?

Is that few minutes spent doing something else today worth 4 more years of being grossly overtaxed and knowing that your money is paying to keep illegal occupations, extortion and the oppression on your rights going?

How do you feel about the fact that every tax dollar you pay for the next 4 years will not begin to cover the cost of the OPP sitting in their cars refusing to help as someone is beaten nearly to death?

How does it feel knowing that every time McGuinty smiles for the camera, it’s because his hand is in your pocket?

How effectively can the billions of dollars from the McGuinty imposed health care tax have been spent when Sam Gualtieri was refused a CAT scan at almost every hospital his doctor had to call to beg to give him one?

If the current polls showing McGuinty way ahead are discouraging you, remember those are phone polls and half of those people won’t bother to vote today.

I’m going to spend the time it would take me to write a few more of these questions going out and casting my vote. I sincerely hope that you will all do the same!

Jeff Parkinson
Caledonia Wakeup Call
Canadian Advocates for Charter Equality www.canace.ca
Jeff@CaledoniaWakeupCall.com

October 9, 2007

 

With the first March presented by CANACE now in the history books, I’m pleased to report that it was a great success.

Video, and news reports of the day are available now at www.caledoniawakeupcall.com/topics/RememberUs.html

Hundreds of people took time out of their Thanksgiving day to come and hear the speeches and to March for Freedom with us and to you all we are grateful. Merlyn Kinrade, Joe Gualtieri, Mark Vandermaas, and Gary McHale all gave excellent heart felt speeches but it was Dancer who truly stole the show.

dancer.JPG

(more…)

October 7, 2007

With the Remember Us March just one day away, the opportunity to take a stand has shown what many people are truly made of. Perhaps it was naive of me to expect to see the “leaders” accept a chance to show leadership, but the list of true cowards is growing each day. A look at some of those who have shown great courage and some who are trying desperately to hide under a rock is in order.

The Gualtieri Family:

One can not use the words Caledonia and Courage without immediately thinking of these incredible people. After the attempted murder of Sam Gualtieri in a home he was building for his daughter on Stirling Street, these folks had every reason in the world to run and hide from the media, the public, and the thugs who altered their lives forever.

Within hours of the attack, they had decided to go to the media, fight for justice, and will have Sam’s brother Joe speaking on their behalf at the March. I have had the privilege of meeting and speaking with not only Joe but other family members and they are a true symbol of what this Country should be about. Hard working honest people who refuse to give up their rights and freedoms at the whim of a handful of criminals.

(more…)

Hamilton Spectator
Sept 28, 2007

A 15-year-old native protester was released on $5,000 bail yesterday for his role in an incident that landed a Caledonia house builder in the hospital with a fractured skull and other serious injuries.

He is charged with assault, break and enter and uttering threats.

Justice of the Peace Janice Jukes expressed concern for public safety after hearing the allegations against the teenager and two other protesters who were alleged to be involved in the attack on 52-year-old Sam Gualtieri at the Stirling Woods building site in Caledonia on Sept. 13.

Gualtieri, who was allegedly attacked with a club, suffered facial injuries, a broken scapula and two fractures to the skull.

He spent five days in hospital, including three days in intensive care at Hamilton General Hospital.

“The accused is a very young person,” Jukes noted before imposing a number of strict bail conditions on the tall lanky teenager, who had also participated in the native occupation of Douglas Creek Estates.

The teenager, who can’t be identified, had surrendered to Haldimand OPP the previous day and was wearing a dark hoodie with a picture of a Mohawk warrior emblazoned on the front as he stood quietly in the prisoner’s box during his bail hearing in Cayuga court.

During the hearing, Crown prosecutor Shane Hickingbottom provided the first detailed police version of the attack, which has been mired in controversy and conflicting stories from the start.

He said the incident started at about 4 p.m. when Gualtieri and three of his workers went to check a house he was building for his daughter and her fiancée.

He was concerned because the site had become the subject of a land claims dispute and he had seen a protester hoisting a Six Nations flag by the house earlier in the day.

Inside the partially constructed building, Hickingbottom said, Gualtieri and his workers were confronted by three young intruders who refused to leave, swore at them and challenged the builder to a fight.

During the ensuing melee, the prosecutor alleged, the 15-year-old put a headlock on one of the workers and applied so much pressure he had difficulty breathing.

He eventually let him go but later allegedly said, “I should have broken your neck while I had the chance.”

Read the full story here

The following statement today by health minister George Smitherman raises some interesting questions.

Our focus is maintaining peace, his focus is stirring the pot,” Deputy Premier George Smitherman said in a statement released as Tory met with residents in the town, not far from the Douglas Creek Estates, the development occupied by protesters upset over a land-claims dispute in February 2006.”

I have a few questions for the Liberals now that they have appointed this new expert to speak to the media about Caledonia.

Why is George Smitherman, the health Minster of Ontario talking about Caledonia and Native land claims?

Wouldn’t it be prudent for him to reserve any Caledonia related comments to health care issues such as the health of Sam Gualtieri who was hospitalized by McGuinty’s ability to keep the peace?

(more…)

In yet another new low for the Native Terrorists who it seems will stoop to any level to hide behind the claim of “indigenous rights” which they do not represent, Mohawk Nation News propaganda artist Kahentinetha Horn released a rant today condemning the apology by Confederacy chiefs for the savage attempted murder of Sam Gualtieri this past week in Caledonia.

Her incoherent ramblings about “Genocide” and “Colonial Oppression” are not worthy of publication, but today she truly showed the mind set of these criminals so clearly that portions must be shared with the public.

“MNN. Sept. 15, 2007. On September 13th at around 4:00 pm. witnesses saw non-native men running out, picking up weapons and going back into the unfinished house. Inside five non-native men had ambushed two Indigenous youth.”

(more…)

Globe & Mail

September 15, 2007

Aboriginal protesters left Sam Gualtieri one blow short of death when they ran away after attacking him in the house he was building in Caledonia, Ont., for his daughter and her fiancé, Mr. Gualtieri’s brother Joe said yesterday.

Joe Gualtieri said that his brother survived only because the gang of youths who were hitting his unconscious brother’s head with a piece of wood – possibly an oak rail from the house – ran away when one of Sam’s sons shouted: “He’s dead, he’s dead.”

Mr. Gualtieri was attacked after a Thursday protest stopped construction at the Stirling South building development in Caledonia, southwest of Hamilton. The 90-unit subdivision, on eight hectares, is about one kilometre from the disputed Douglas Creek development, which has been occupied by protesters from the nearby Six Nations reserve since February, 2006.

In an interview shortly after Sam Gualtieri underwent an MRI in a Hamilton hospital yesterday, his brother said Mr. Gualtieri was attacked when he went back to see what was happening at the house.

Joe Gualtieri said Ontario Provincial Police officers on the site “stood there, and they did not intervene” until after the beating, when the attackers had fled.

Read the full story here

The Hamilton Spectator
CALEDONIA (Sep 15, 2007)

It was a fight that had terrible consequences.

Duane Davies says he was with his Uncle Sam Gualtieri when the Caledonia builder was injured in a clash with native protesters Thursday.

In an interview, Davies said he, Gualtieri and two others were checking on the home when they saw a protester standing on the front porch.

“They started to heckle us, saying, ‘If you want a piece of this, come in here,'” said Davies.

The four went into the home and Gualtieri ordered the protesters out. Davies says he didn’t see who threw the first punch, but described Gualtieri struggling with one person while the others squared off.

The 33-year-old said he and a cousin left the house to grab two-by-fours and started back in to discover Gualtieri lying on the floor as he was struck with a piece of wood. Davies said he screamed to natives outside the house for help and the attackers fled.

Native protesters tell a different story. They say the builder and his companions entered the house and attacked them.

They say the protesters were only defending themselves.

Whichever way it went, Gualtieri’s family vows it won’t rest until the people responsible are brought to justice.

Gualtieri, 52, was beaten unconscious inside one of two homes he was building for his daughters in the Stirling South subdivision.

“This was a brutal, brutal attack,” said brother Joe Gualtieri. “Our family will not let this go.”

Sam was transferred to Hamilton General Hospital yesterday afternoon where he remains semi-conscious in serious condition.

Sep 14, 2007

CALEDONIA – A building contractor is undergoing tests in hospital to determine if he has brain damage after he was clubbed on the head by a Six Nations protester yesterday, the man’s brother says.

“I believe that my brother was one strike away from being killed,” an emotional Joe Gualtieri said today near the building site where his brother Sam was beaten unconscious yesterday.

Indians continued their protest at the southern Ontario housing development today under the watchful eye of police.

Gualtieri, 52, of Caledonia was found unconscious yesterday after he entered a partially constructed home — which he was building for his daughter — and clashed with several Indian youths.

His injured brother is drifting in and out of consciousness and is at times unaware he is in the hospital, Joe Gualtieri said, adding that he wants those responsible for the attack charged with attempted murder.

He said his nephews were with his brother at the house when a group of Indians went inside and confronted them. Sam Gualtieri was then beaten with what may have been an oak railing.

“When the one nephew found him unconscious, the individual had just finished striking him again . . . beating him over the head, when he was already unconscious,” Joe Gualtieri said.

“When he’s unconscious, do you still have to prove a point? To prove a point that you have a problem with the government?”

Read the full story here

September 14, 2007

Today was a truly extraordinary day and night for me as we had our first protest at the building site in Brantford and an exceptional night in Caledonia on Stirling Street.

We spent some quality time in Brantford protesting on behalf of the rule of law being upheld and against the violence and extortion currently being used by Native Criminals in an attempt to demonstrate supremacy and control over Non Native Canadians.

(more…)